WELCOME TO THE RETRO BASS
This library is a detailed emulation of a Fender Bass Guitar`52 release. We recorded 12 dynamic layers for each fret of each string with different playing techniques and articulations.
The playing techniques in one patch: fingered, slap, pick and additional articulations - allow you to conveniently and quickly edit your midi notation or play in real-time. We have minimized the use keyswitches, making the instrument simple and intuitive to use. A sophisticated algorithm to select strings in real time, automatically selects the natural bass guitar left-hand position on the fretboard. Manual string and position selection are also available.
The library’s repetition keys make it easy to play realistic ostinato bass-lines. FX glissando will allow you to introduce new musical “colors” to your bass guitar parts. Multiple legato types are changed automatically, depending on the first note played.
Included, are several Legato modes, Open String mode, Chord Detection mode and X-note mode; for the convenience of composers and arrangers!
- 1,17 Gb ncw compression format
- 3 346 samples, 24 bit, 44.1 KHz
- Up to 12 velocity layers, 20 frets on each string with round-robin algorithm
- FINGERED, SLAP and PICK in one patch
- Different natural legato for FINGER, SLAP and PICK articulations
- THUMB and POP slap articulation, with Auto and Manual selection
- Auto and Manual String and Position Selection
- Attack control
- Slide-up, Flageolets, X-notes (two modes for x-note performance)
- Repetition keys for X-notes and last articulations
- Realistic glissando note-to-note
- AMP cabinet and Bass tone effects
- Multiple FX and Noises (strokes, fret noises, releases)
- Native Instruments full retail Kontakt +4.2.4 or Kontakt 5
- Windows 7 or 8, Intel Core Duo or AMD Athlon 64 X2, 4 GB
- Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7 or 10.8, Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB
- 4 GB free disk space
FINGERED, PICK and SLAP
hammer-on & pull-off
Legato on the guitar it is first and foremost the technique of playing notes by the left hand. Up legato is called hammer-on, down legato is called pull-off. In the Legato Mode with overlapped notes either hammer-on or pull-off articulations will be activated depending on the direction of the movement.
Glissando articulation on a guitar is played quite often not only like an effect but first of all as melody ornaments. We have recorded all possible versions for each string starting from each fret within an octave range up and down the fretboard and in different tempo. You do not have to switch among glissando versions. The algorithm will do it for you when you wish.
natural & LFO vibrato
The Library has 4 versions of this articulation. You can choose one of the two intervals, each of which was recorded in two various tempos.
The Mute articulation has 6 layers of velocity for each note and a Round-Robin function.
natural & artifical
Flageolets are divided into natural flageolets and artificial ones. You can choose any one of them.The natural flageolet has 2 layers of velocity. It has 4 sounds for each string. The artificial flageolet can be playing on any fret. Not a sound will be lost.
This Keys repeat the last played note or the chord. Repetition Key will repeat corresponding articulation. When a chord is repeated you hear a small delay between notes. This simulates strumming playing guitar technique.